Notifiable Conditions outlines requirements for reporting information that is necessary for public health officials to protect the public's health by tracking communicable diseases and other conditions.
On November 9, 2022, the Washington State Board of Health (Board) adopted a ninth emergency rulemaking order to continue to designate COVID-19 as a notifiable condition and extend, without lapse, the requirements created under WAC 246-101-017, a new section.
The adoption of a ninth emergency rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety and general welfare of the State of Washington during the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure continued compliance with the federal CARES Act.
The emergency rule requires health care providers, health care facilities, laboratories, local health jurisdictions, and the Department of Agriculture to report certain demographic, testing, and other relevant data for each COVID-19 test. The emergency rule also specifies reporting requirements by testing entity and test type in accordance with updated guidance from the Department of Health and Human Services.
The emergency rule became effective on December 16, 2022 and will be in effect until January 1, 2023 when permanent revisions to the Notifiable Conditions chapter go into effect. More information on the permanent rule revision for chapter 246-101 WAC can be found on the rulemaking webpage.
- CR-103E filed on July 31, 2020 as WSR 20-16-121.
- CR-103E filed on November 25, 2020 as WSR 20-24-081.
- CR-103E filed on March 26, 2021 as WSR 21-08-009.
- CR-103E filed on July 23, 2021 as WSR 21-16-014.
- CR-103E filed on August 23, 2021 as WSR 21-18-034.
- CR-103E filed on December 21, 2021 as WSR 22-01-200.
- CR-103E filed on April 20, 2022 as WSR 22-09-082.
- CR-103E filed on August 18, 2022 as WSR 22-17-087.
- CR-103W filed on December 15, 2022 as WSR 23-01-081 (link available soon).
Related Links: Meeting Materials
- April 13, 2022 Public Meeting
- March 30, 2022 Health Promotion Committee Special Meeting
- March 9, 2022 Public Meeting
- February 23, 2022 Health Promotion Committee Special Meeting
- November 10, 2021 Public Meeting
- October 21, 2021 Health Promotion Committee Special Meeting
- July 22, 2021 Health Promotion Committee Special Meeting
- June 9, 2021 Public Meeting
- March 10, 2021 Public Meeting
- November 9, 2020 Public Meeting
- July 30, 2020 Special Meeting