Chapter 246-290 WAC, Group A Public Water Supplies, establishes standards and requirements for Group A public water systems to help assure safe and reliable drinking water and to protect public health.
On October 13, 2021, the Board adopted amendments to chapter 246-290 WAC. In concurrent action, the Board adopted amendments to chapter 246-390 WAC, Drinking Water Laboratory Certification and Data Reporting. Among other features, the amended rules establish:
- drinking water standards for five PFAS as State Action Levels (SALs);
- requirements for monitoring, recordkeeping, reporting, and other follow-up actions.
- criteria and procedures for adopting SALs and state maximum contaminant levels (MCLs); and
- laboratory analytical and reporting requirements that align the two rules.
The revised rules took effect January 1, 2022.
CR-101 filed on December 15, 2017 as WSR 18-01-080
CR-102 filed on August 3, 2021 as WSR 21-16-095
CR-103 filed on November 17, 2021 as WSR 21-23-097
Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050, RCW 70A.125, and RCW 70A.130
State Board of Health Contact: Stuart Glasoe, 360-236-4111
State Department of Health Contact: Jocelyn Jones, 360-236-3020
Related Links: Meeting Materials
- December 20, 2021 Environmental Health Committee Special Meeting
- October 18, 2021 Environmental Health Committee Special Meeting
- October 13 Public Meeting
- July 19, 2021 Environmental Health Committee Special Meeting
- June 9 Public Meeting
- May 17, 2021 Environmental Health Committee Special Meeting
- September 20, 2021 Environmental Health Committee Special Meeting
- August 12 Public Meeting
- February 14 Environmental Health Committee Special Meeting
- March 1 Environmental Health Committee Special Meeting
- November 18 Board Meeting Materials