Meet Our Board Members
The Board has ten members. The Governor appoints nine individuals. The tenth person is the Secretary of Health. The Secretary may choose someone to attend for him when he is not available. The Board is comprised of:
- Four people represent health and sanitation, one of whom represents Native American tribes.
- One elected official represents state cities and is a member of a local health board.
- One elected official represents state counties and is a member of a local health board.
- One local health officer represents state local health jurisdictions.
- Two people represent consumers of health care.
Please send your questions, comments, or information for the Board members to: email@example.com
Our Authority, Powers and Duties
- We do business as granted to us by the Washington State Legislature.
- Read our bylaws to understand how we operate, including our membership, board officers, committees, meetings, and more.
- Our powers and duties explain the scope of our work
- Our State Health Report highlights strategic direction and initiatives that deserve the attention of the Governor.
- Read our Strategic Plan to learn about our goals and how we support our core mission.