Our meetings are open to the public and we encourage you to participate. Every regular Board meeting includes a public comment section. This gives you a chance to tell us about health topics that are important to you. You may comment about:
- Any matter that is on the agenda.
- Any matter that concerns you.
How Do I Give Comments?
- We encourage you to submit written public comments to the Board in advance of the meeting.
- Written public comments are accepted until 12:00 Noon three business days before each meeting.
- We encourage you to email your comments by 12:00 Noon three business days before the meeting to ensure your comments are part of the meeting materials and Board members have an opportunity to read and consider your comments before the meeting. Written comments received after 12:00 Noon three business days before the Board meeting will be shared with Board members; however, Board members may not have the capacity to read or review your comments in advance or during the meeting. You may give verbal comments at the meeting during the public comment period.
- Individuals may give verbal comments at the meeting during the public comment period.
- For the public attending in-person: If you would like to provide public comment, please write your name on the sign-in sheet before the public comment period begins. We strongly encourage people to sign up with the Board by sending an email by 12:00 Noon the day before the meeting to: email@example.com. As this is a business meeting of the Board, time available for public comment is limited (typically 2 to 4 minutes per person). The Chair will call on those who have signed up to speak to the Board, first. The amount of time allotted to each person will depend on the number of speakers present. If time remains, those who have not signed up ahead of time to speak to the Board will be called on to speak until the scheduled time for Public Comment comes to an end.
- For the public attending virtually: If you would like to provide public comment, please sign up through the Zoom webinar link by 12:00 Noon the day before the meeting. Your name will be called when it’s your turn to comment.
- All testimony we collect is subject to disclosure under the Public Records Act.