Chapter 246-390 WAC, Drinking Water Laboratory Certification and Data Reporting, establishes standards and requirements for environmental laboratories that analyze drinking water samples to help assure safe and reliable drinking water and to protect public health
On October 13, 2021, the Board adopted amendments to chapter 246-390 WAC. In concurrent action, the Board adopted amendments to chapter 246-290 WAC, Group A Public Water Supplies. Among other features, the amended rules establish:
- drinking water standards for five PFAS as State Action Levels (SALs);
- requirements for monitoring, recordkeeping, reporting, and other follow-up actions.
- criteria and procedures for adopting SALs and state maximum contaminant levels (MCL); and
- laboratory analytical and reporting requirements that align the two rules.
The revised rules took effect January 1, 2022.
CR-101 filed on February 11, 2020 as WSR 20-05-032
CR-102 filed on August 3, 2021 as WSR 21-16-094
Cr-103 filed on November 17, 2021 as WSR 21-23-096
Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
State Board of Health Contact: Stuart Glasoe, 360-236-4111
State Department of Health Contact: Nina Helpling, 360-236-3065
Related Links: Meeting Materials
- October 13, 2021 Public Meeting