Chapter 246-390 WAC, Drinking Water Laboratory Certification and Data Reporting, establishes standards and requirements for environmental laboratories that analyze drinking water samples to help assure safe and reliable drinking water and to protect public health
On October 13, 2021, the Board adopted amendments to chapter 246-390 WAC. In concurrent action, the Board adopted amendments to chapter 246-290 WAC, Group A Public Water Supplies. Among other features, the amended rules establish:
- drinking water standards for five PFAS as State Action Levels (SALs);
- requirements for monitoring, recordkeeping, reporting, and other follow-up actions.
- criteria and procedures for adopting SALs and state maximum contaminant levels (MCL); and
- laboratory analytical and reporting requirements that align the two rules.
The revised rules took effect January 1, 2022.
Related Links: Meeting Materials
- October 13, 2021 Public Meeting